- The General Manager is responsible for daily dispensing operations and ensuring all company and industry policies and procedures relating to dispensing activities are followed. Acts as the dispensary’s Designated Representative and directly manages dispensary staff, including but not limited to, scheduling, training, progress reviews, and discipline. Respond to all complaints or adverse events according to management policies and procedures.
- Manage dispensary cashflow, staff, schedules, inventory, and customer relations.
- Act as a role model and resource for dispensary staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news and changes in regulations.
- Coordinates with the retail leadership team to ensure accurate information is communicated to dispensary staff.
- Review inventory par levels and communicate discrepancies or concerns with the Inventory Manager.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store team to develop and implement plans that meet organizational objectives.
- Plans, identifies, and delegates responsibilities to the Assistant Dispensary Manager(s) and/or store-level team to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the dispensary.
- Coordinate and communicate operational goals to staff on a daily and weekly basis.
- Interact with vendors, purchaser, security, and transport personnel to coordinate purchase, delivery, and transfer of marijuana products, retail products, equipment, and supplies.
- Hold and lead team meetings to discuss location initiatives and upcoming changes through shift meetings and other means of consistent communication.
- Solicits feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
- Provide all dispensary employees with training, coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
- Assist and support unhappy customers by finding equitable solutions to each situation.
- Provide regular inventory, sales, and profitability reports to the corporate retail team.
- Maintain and hold responsibility for accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, customer records, sales, deliveries and returns in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Actively participate in all interviews and hiring decisions for the location.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An outgoing, driven leader who is passionate about cannabis. This person should possess the ability to relate to their customers, not theoretically, but realistically through their professional and personal experiences with cannabis. In this person’s work history, they should be able to clearly articulate how they developed and grew employees who reported to them.
- High School Degree or GED
- 2+ Years’ Experience as AGM/GM in Cannabis Retail Store
- Ability to Close Store on Fridays and/or Saturdays
- Experience in High Volume Retail Environments
- Passion for Cannabis Industry and Products
Nice to Haves:?
- Experience in Retail Management Position Outside of Cannabis?