Assistant General Manager
We are looking for a customer service-oriented and operationally driven candidate to join the management team in our recreational and medicinal dispensary. The ideal candidate will strive to make great product recommendations and provide a genuine experience to customers with professionalism, poise, and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role. The Dispensary Assistant Manager will support the planning and management of all aspects of day-to-day operations, including managing personnel, establishing strong customer relations, inventory control, and handling the daily ebb and flow of all store related matters while adhering to strict state guidelines and regulations. You will communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to implement and maintain deals, protocols, policies, and procedures in accordance with company standards.
- Support the General Manager in all store initiatives
- Learn the ins and outs of the point-of-sale system
- Review and assist in receiving all deliveries with diligence and accuracy and in accordance with company and state regulations
- Support the organization of inventory, including special patient orders, employee patient samples, and weekly deals
- Track various sales metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively intervene in employee performance issues and provide effective coaching
- Assist with training, development, and motivation of staff according to company guidelines and values
- Assist in conducting nightly and monthly inventory audits in accordance with company and state guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory, and effectively respond to discrepancies
- Prepare and effectively lead state inspectors through unannounced inspections
- Support efforts to maintain records for all necessary documents: delivery and inventory manifests, nightly and monthly inventory counts, necessary employee, and patient/customer information, log books, inventory adjustments, and destruction reports
- Ability to manage time and respect protocol under fast-paced retail conditions is a must.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by senior leadership.
- Frequently lifting, moving, carrying store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally ascending/descending ladders or stairs.
- 2+ years of successful experience in a retail management position required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check and any other requirement listed.
- Experience with Illinois Cannabis Program rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members and managers.
- Ability to gain buy-in from others and work toward shared objectives.
- Operates with a keen attention to detail and the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Working knowledge of inventory and sales reports.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems.
- A fundamental understanding of cannabinoids and their effects on the body
- A passion for cannabis that is widely translatable.